Saturday, August 27, 2011

It was not too long ago that I sat at my computer, distraught over what I thought would be the loss of my beautiful baby dog, Chels. I have learned a big lesson throughout all of this... would you like to know what that is? Well.. I'll let you figure that out as I go along. I was so distraught about losing such an important part of my family, that I forgot to remember.. I'm living through something that hasn't even happened yet. It's been a little bit since that night I spent on the computer, paying tribute to Chelsea.. when, in actuality; she wasn't even gone, yet. I think it's been just over a week since my last post, and Chels is still here with us! I couldn't be happier to say that she weathered the storm. We have a little joke in our family.. well, I'm usually the only one that says it BUT nonetheless, it's a joke... I like to call her our little train that could... every time she seems to be going downhill, fast.. she somehow picks herself up and continues to keep treckin'. I would be lying if i said I wasn't scared.. take a look at my last post and you will see JUST how scared I was..

I know what some of you are thinking... but I also know, that the majority who are thinking it are the ones who don't own a family pet. I know the thought can be hard to grasp.. "how could you possibly be so torn up about a pet? It's not like it's someone from your family!" Wrong. She is most definitely part of my family.. All those sleepless nights I've stayed up crying because I just can't bare the thought of spending another second in pain; she's been there.. On christmas morning, when I was 6 years old and my parents were too tired to wake up and open presents; she was there.. When I didn't want to eat my food but was too afraid to tell my parents their recipe was bad (LOL); she was there.. for every pivotal moment in my life; she was there. You may not understand, and I certainly don't expect you to, but what I'm trying to get at is - she is a part of my family, a part of my life, a part of who i am today. Chelsea has taught me how to love, how to be patient, and how to be kind.. there is no greater feeling than looking at someone who you have been with for 17 years, and know that not ONCE did they ever leave your side or abandon you; she has been a constant in my life. Before I start to tear up again, I'm going to change the subject because I don't quite feel like being a blubbary mess :p

The point of this blog today, if you haven't already figured it out... is to live life, not in the past, nor in the future - live for right now! All of the time that I spent worrying about THAT day being her last, well... she's had yet another 2 weeks on her side. The time we spend worrying about something, will take up the time for you to REALLY do something with your life.. tell someone how you feel about them, before it's too late.. go on that family trip you've always wanted to take.. make moments in your life.. because it's those moments that you will remember; all that time wasted on worry's that haven't even happened yet. It's a beautiful way to live if you ask me :) Whether you take something away from this or not, at least I know that I have learned a valuable lesson in life and will continue to tell ANYONE who will listen!

Until next time,
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment