Tuesday, August 17, 2010

| My beautiful butterfly...



It seems as though doctors and patients aren't necessarily on the same page as one another. Never in my life, have I seen someone with a clear butterfly rash, that does not have Lupus. Before asking about any other symptoms, the first thing a rheumatologist will ask you is, have you ever experienced the malar "butterfly" rash? Well, according to my "rheumatologist......." you can have all of my symptoms and not have Lupus. Hm, something doesn't add up. Thankfully, I have many people behind me; family, as well as medical professionals. I don't know where my family and I would be without my Gynecologist! I know what you're thinking.. Gynecologist? Doesn't that have to do with reproductive organs? Normally, you would think so. In my case however, my obgyn has been heaven sent! I would advise that if any of you are going through any type of medical crisis, you find someone who can be your advocate - whether it be family, friends, doctors.. whoever is willing to back you up 100% of the time. For me, it's my parents, and my obgyn. I was basically told to disregard everything the rheumatologist told me, and focus on getting the answers to show that it is Lupus. There was absolutely no doubt in her mind, that it is Lupus. If she could have diagnosed me right there and than, she probably would have - that's how sure she was. Apparently, it is very rare to find positive antibodies in young people and if by chance they do, it is strictly by chance. For so long, I was made to think that I was crazy. You have Bipolar Disorder, you have Fibromyalgia, you have Epilepsy, you have GERD. My parents always said, there has to be a bigger picture. No one this young, has THAT many things wrong with them. It has been a long hard battle to get here, but finally I'm getting answers.

Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment