Friday, August 5, 2011

Gynocolo-what!

Hi friends! I'm sad to say that this is going to be a rather short blog post as I don't have the energy (at least not at this moment) to go into full blogging mode. Maybe it's because I have barely gotten any sleep in the last few days.. goes to show how it doesn't just effect your pain threshold, it effects every aspect of your life.
1
I went to my gyno today, to have a pre-surgery chat and get my surgery date. *shivering in my nighty*. So, here it is folks! My surgery date was supposed to be scheduled for September 2nd but because I am in baltimore with my mom we had to pass on that date (we have already paid for our tickets). The next available surgery date was September 30th, however she wants to get me in much sooner than that.. I'm being put on the cancellation list so the next close available date will be mine. We talked about what to expect before, during, and after surgery.. I will be admitted in the night before, so that my doctors can monitor my lupus for any flares, fevers, and blood pressure episodes. Next, is surgery day. She said that this time around she will have to go right to a laporotomy.. forget about that laporoscopy! She told me to expect staying in the hospital for a little while which is what it is.

In the meantime though, she is sending me to an Inernest to help us for the actual day of the surgery. He will be there as the primary caregiver for my lupus during surgery. We're going to build an action plan with him, and do the pre-op closer to the surgery. We discussed all of my symptoms and she examined my abdomen to check for any ascites. Good news is, there is no ascites (at least not when she checked me). She did however, notice some fluid retention which is probably caused by everything going on. I was put on a diuretic between now and surgery to try and help with the uncomfortable bloating and such. I was also given a sleeping aid considering how awful my sleeping habits have been lately.. with me being in so much pain at night, and unable to get comfortable we both thought it would be a good idea to give me some good rest. Finally, an antibiotic ointment for the glands in my pelvis.. she wants to make sure that they dont get infected and grow an abscess between now and surgery. Come the day of my surgery, she will go ahead and drain all of my glands from any fluid.

Overall, it was a good appointment! Anywho, I have to get to bed.. I am exhausted. Hopefully i can give you guys a better blog tomorrow night!

Sleep tight everyone xx

Until next time,
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment