Monday, February 8, 2010

Smiles... eventually fade

Based on the title to this blog, i think it's pretty safe to say that I have had a strange day. Outside of having to work tomorrow morning at 8:00am, for some reason, I can't seem to sleep. With the world around me dreaming, I am sitting on the computer chair in the computer room, wondering when I am going to catch some shut eye.

I had to make 2 calls today; one to my family doctor for a prescription refill, and one to my gynecologist for a requisition and an endocrinology date. Being the stupid person that I am, I decided to look up my new doctor on the internet at ratemd.com - such a bad idea! Apparently, I have been sent to the world worst doctor on planet earth. I have no idea why I do this to myself! Not only am I freaking out about this doctor that I have been referred to, I'm wondering if I should ask to be changed to someone else. I know, I know - you should never judge a book by it's cover but c'mon! This doctor was rated 1.3 out of 5.. I have never come across a doctor rated that poorly. My main focus right now is getting this auto-immune nonsense under control so I guess at the end of the day, it really shouldn't matter.. I just hate dealing with weirdo doctors, and believe me.. I have come across my fair share! My cardiologist and my gynecologist believe that my family doctor should have sent me to a rheumatologist ages ago. What can you do when you have a doctor who is completely old school. No offense to her at all, she is a really great doctor and has stuck by me for most of my life.. I just think there comes a point where you really need to say to yourself, this is beyond what I specialize in and send me on my way to a doctor that knows. How many inaccurate comments she has made over the years, that both of my doctors have told me are false.

At this point, as much as I want to smile and believe that everything will turn out okay - that these doctors will figure out what is wrong with me; a part of me is really scared that this isn't something that can be figured out on one visit. I have talked to men and women from all over that claim it took years for them to be diagnosed. There is no clear-cut test that says yes you have it, or no you don't.. it takes years to formulate an opinion - and so it should! This is my life we're talking about after all... it's just irritating sometimes when all you want are answers and no one has definitive ones. My joints are, yet again, keeping me up.. reading, will have to do for now!

I hope everyone had a happy and healthy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment