Friday, February 19, 2010

Hell, meet Stephanie. Stephanie, meet Hell..

For the first time since 2006, when I couldn't keep a single thing down - i witnessed a little piece of what my life used to be like. I have had my fair share of dealing with this disease, but today, I reached a breaking point. At around 9:30, I experienced the most intense pain, I have felt in a very long time. With my back, and joint pain, already wrecking havoc on my body - the big bad wolf decided to show its face too. Without warning, my head felt like it was exploding, into a million pieces. I could not open my eyes until dark, and any sound made it feel like raser blades being shoved into my brain. I had THE worst migraine, I have had in a very long time. Back when I used to suffer from migraines almost every week, I was quickly put on medication to help. Since then, I have come off of them and have not had one of these migraines, in a very long time. With the littlest sound making me want to be sick, I could not handle it. It took 4 baths, lots of vicks vapor rub on my temples, and many meds later. Finally, some peace and quiet in my brain. I had THE worst day, in years. Not only was I dealing with my "normal" joint and back pain, that I deal with everyday, I was not dealing with raser blades being shoved into my brain. Ugh... what. a. day.

Sorry in advance for the title, it's the only thing I could think of to capture how I was feeling today...

No comments:

Post a Comment