Thursday, July 14, 2011

VERY BERRY!



Sticking with the, lets take care of our body theme - I have decided to give you guys a really quick, and simple recipe on how to prepare a nutritious and healthy start or end to any day! This recipe would almost seem too simple to warrant a recipe but I know that when I first started this journey 3 weeks ago, the eating healthy task seemed daunting. I hope you all try this at home, it is such a refreshing, simple treat!


Tools Needed:
1.) 1 large spoon & knife
2.) Blender or Food Processor
3.) 1 Large Glass


Ingredients:
1.) 1 cup of strawberries
2.) 1/4 cup of blueberries
3.) 4 large tablespoons of vanilla yogurt or 1 serving of yogurt cup (or as desired)
4.) 1 tsp of vanilla extract (you may substitute for 1 small pack of crystal light powder of your choice)
5.) 3/4 cup of ice cubs (or as desired)
6.) 1 large banana
7.) I also like to add about 1/4 cup of lactose free milk (I am lactose intolerant)

***Now, all you have to do is BLEND and ENJOY!***

I hope you will all try this at home! I absolutely love making one of these in the morning with or as my breakfast. If I want to get a double serving of my fruits, I might even make it again at night as a tasty little treat after dinner :) YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment