Friday, August 13, 2010

Bermuda... triangle?


Bermuda, Bahamas.... baby why dont we gooo! Okay, well.. the truth is, I don't know how that song goes! What I do know however, is that I had a pretty wonderful time! Although it's Bermuda, and you would assume it would be really hot there. For some reason, I didn't realize just how HOT it would be. A good portion of Lupus sufferers, suffer from something called Sun sensitivity. Yes, I am sensitive to the sun and I went to one of the hottest places, ever... in the middle of the summer? Please explain the logic in that! Truth be told, it was my parents 25th wedding anniversary and they were kind enough to want to spend it as a family. There was no way I was passing that up! We were able to visit Boston, and see how beautiful it really is there; definiely one of my favorite cities thus far. Little did i know, the heat and the sun in this beautiful paradise was going to make me very very ill... After our first day on the island, I was up all night with hot and cold sweats, I was vomitting, and I had some other not so pleasant symptoms. Thankfully, I came prepared, and brought everything I would have needed. One drastic change you must make when you are chronically ill, is the knowledge that every little thing you do, could make you sick. You have to be constantly ready for that! Especially, so far away from home. All in all, I was still able to enjoy myself, without TOO much sun, and with the aid of LOTS of sun protection. The trip, to Bermuda.. was an ultimate success. Did I get sick? Yes. Did my joints act up? Yes. Was I in horrible pain the entire trip? Yes. Did I get to spend an amazing vacation with my family? Yes, and that is the most important part.

Talk to you soon <3

1 comment:

  1. Seems like you had a nice time !! My mom gets the same way in the heat with her lupus !!She always has a cold bottle of water with her it helps !

    ReplyDelete